Monday, October 25, 2010

Shopping by Bus

Today, for the first time, I went to my local shopping center by bus. It involved a different bus than I take to work, but, it was just as easy. I have to say that TANK (Transit Authority of Northern Kentucky) seems to run buses on time, they're clean, and the drivers are friendly. And, for me, with my trusty NKU ID, it's free. Even if it weren't, I'd get a bus pass for a month on-line because that is easier than having $1.50 in change each time you get on a bus. I went clothes shopping at Village Discount Thrift, a great second-hand store, purchasing a coat, jacket and 4 sweaters for $28. I checked out several other stores, ate a cheap lunch (not vegan- oh well), and bought a few things at the grocery store. And I had fun. So, shopping by bus- no problem!

I haven't driven my car in over a week now; it's still parked where I left it last Sunday after Ann flew home. I am debating going to a talk tonight in Cincinnati and would have to drive to that. As I could easily borrow my parent's, this is not something I would be constrained from doing with no car. On the other hand, after all the excitement(!) this morning, I may just stay home and get ready for classes tomorrow. I don't anticipate needing a car again this week. I will walk or bus to everything else I have planned.

I must be walking even more than I thought I was because even with eating way too much Halloween candy before the event, I haven't gained any weight.

1 comment:

  1. It seems like you are adpating to your carless state of life creatively-as i would expect. I enjoy reading your blog. It helps me feel connected to you in between our phone calls.

    ReplyDelete