Monday, November 15, 2010

My car ownership to end in December

I talked to my son this week and the current, tentative plan is for he and his Dad to drive to Cincy right before Christmas to visit and to pick up the car. So, I will be really carless in January as my car will be gone and my parents will drive themselves to Florida for the month! I expect that will be the next big transition time for me.
At the moment, I've gotten used to having my car just sit in front of my house. I did use it once this month. Last Friday, I drove old tires to the county transportation center so that they could be recycled. I acquired them when I moved into my house in April and discovered them stashed behind some bushes. I've been waiting for some recycling event to get rid of them and didn't want to put them into my parent's trunk which has stuff stored in it and the tires smelled rank. I ended up stopping 2 other places on route- mostly just because I was going by- once to get a chocolate milkshake and once to buy beer (too heavy to carry home on the bus from the grocery store). This week I will go to the grocery store with Dad in their car later in the week. Also, the folks from our local farmer's market have found a place to have an indoor market through the winter so I will go to that on Wednesday. I had great bread from a vendor there last week! I will walk there, about a mile there and then a mile back. Later Wednesday, I will walk to a meeting a mile in the other direction from me though I'm sure I can get a ride home. It's the fact that I do so much walking to get places that I've slacked off on going out and walking just to exercise!

No comments:

Post a Comment